Aggie Senate Briefs

ASUCD Senate meetings are scheduled to begin Thursdays at 6:10 p.m. Times listed are according to the clock at the Oct. 29 meeting location, the Memorial Union’s Mee Room.

Meeting called to order at 6:10 p.m.

Jack Zwald, ASUCD president, absent

Previn Witana, ASUCD vice president, present

Abrham Castillo-Ruiz, ASUCD senator, present, arrived late from a break scheduled to end at 7:33 p.m.

Adam Thongsavat, ASUCD senator, present

Alison Tanner, ASUCD senator, arrived late, arrived late from a break scheduled to end at 7:33 p.m.

Andre Lee, ASUCD president pro tempore, arrived late

Bree Rombi, ASUCD senator, present

Don Ho, ASUCD senator, arrived late

Joel Juarez, ASUCD senator, arrived late, arrived late from a break scheduled to end at 7:33 p.m.

Levi Menovske, ASUCD senator, present

Liz Walz, ASUCD senator, present

Osahon Ekhator, ASUCD senator, present

Ozzy Arce, ASUCD senator, arrived late

Selisa Romero, ASUCD senator, present, arrived late from a break scheduled to end at 7:33 p.m.

Appointments and Confirmations

Josh Lovelace, Aaron Hsu and Jonathan Ogata were confirmed to the Internal Affairs Commission.

Celia Avila, Ashley Matson, Jennifer Giang and Jenny Giang were confirmed to the Gender and Sexuality Commission.

Laura Damian was confirmed to the Whole Earth Festival Committee.

Consideration of Old Legislation

Senate Bill 14 authored and introduced by the Ethnic and Cultural Affairs Commission, to allocate $215 from Senate Reserves to refund the Ethnic and Cultural Affairs Commission’s budget shortfall for said amount, passed with a 10-1-1 vote.

Senate Bill 8 authored by Lauren Jabusch, co-authored by Lee and introduced by Ekhator, to allocate $1,199 for 21.5 inch 3.06 GHz iMac computer for the Campus Center for the Environment and Project Compost Office, passed with an 11-0-1 vote.

Senate Bill 2 authored and introduced by Walz and co-authored by Professor Delmar Larsen to formally support the efforts of UC Davis students and faculty in the development of ChemWiki and the expansion of subject Wikis to other departments, passed unanimously.

Past Meeting Minutes

Approved

Public Discussion

Sergio Cano, chair of the Internal Affairs Commission, announced that he is writing a resolution against any new fee increases and asked other senators if they wanted to get on board.

Menovske announced that he will not be in attendance at the next meeting because he will be busy with his fraternity’s event Davis is Burning.

Ho announced a town hall meeting on Nov. 10 at 6:30 p.m. in Griffin Lounge for all clubs to bring up issues to the Center of Student Involvement.

Lee has been working with Rombi on getting investments for Tipsy Taxi.

Rombi wants a sloshball rematch with the Aggie.

Meeting adjourned at 8:53 p.m.

JASPREET BAHIA compiles the senate briefs. She can be reached at campus@theaggie.org.