Groundskeepers clean up Quad

Yesterday afternoon UC Davis groundskeepers were seen cleaning up remaining tents and objects left by the Occupiers on the Quad. The groundskeepers will also be rehabilitating the grass on which the tents were pitched.

1. Yaaaay! This clean up was long overdue. Now we can reclaim our beautiful campus. Most of these tents have not been “occupied” for months;some were blown upside down by weather in January and none of the “occupiers” did anything about the mess. Why did they abandon their trash on the Quad? Disrespectful to UC Davis and our entire community. Why did the Administration allow this to persist for so long? Many prospective students and their parents toured our campus for the first time and that’s the unfortunated impression we made.

2. Haven’t the occupiers spent the last sixth months trying to convince us that they don’t wreck public spots and leave refuse everywhere? Hopefully they at least used the porta potties provided.

I do find it kind of funny that the school waited till they were protesting elsewhere then swept in and cleaned up. Occupiers are going to be so pissed…

3. Didn’t most of these Occupiers state that they were cleaning up after themselves? Glad to know that they were held accountable. Why aren’t they being sought out and fined for damaging school property?