Editorial: Music to our ears

This week, the ASUCD Entertainment Council announced three upcoming shows at UC Davis: The Postal Service, Vampire Weekend and Phoenix. And they’ve promised us at least one more.

We are, in a word, excited. In lots of words, we’re really, really, really, really, really excited.

All year we’ve been waiting patiently for a big-name concert to be announced — and now we have three. For those of us who can’t make it to Coachella, Entertainment Council has brought us our very own music festival in the month of April. We have a chance to beat all those Coachella-goers and see these bands before they do.

The lisztomania, if you will, of bands that are coming are well-known, talented and unique. The Postal Service is back together after 10 years for a reunion tour, and Vampire Weekend and Phoenix are supporting new albums.

It’s unfortunate that the three concerts have all been scheduled in the same month, leaving little time for our ringing ears (and wallets) to recover. We’ll definitely be sleeping in the next day, and potentially will be missing some of those morning classes. And we wish the promoters had allowed for student tickets to be available, since we are broke.

But let’s be real, we’re not complaining.

It’s exciting that Davis is the only Northern California tour stop for the Postal Service’s 10-year reunion, and to Phoenix, bienvenue à Davis.

Vampire Weekend, we want you to know that WE give a fuck about Oxford commas. And we can’t wait to see you at Freeborn Hall.

So, next concert … Beyoncé?