News in Brief: Entertainment Council and AEPi present: Panic Room

On April 26, the pulsating beats of progressive house DJ, Panic City, will fill the courtyard of the Alpha Epsilon Pi house. The event, titled Panic Room after its featured artist, is a free event for students, put on jointly by the ASUCD Entertainment Council and AEPi and sponsored by Monster Energy Drinks.

In terms of high-profile events at the AEPi house, “there has been nothing like this so far,” said third-year managerial economics major Brent Ghan.

Panic City is the moniker for 26-year-old San Francisco producer Nic Magbanua, who began recording hip-hop instrumentals in high school before DJing at clubs in the Bay Area and elsewhere. Recently, his slick house remixes of highly popular artists (Daft Punk, The xx and official Chris Brown and Far East Movement remixes) have gained him increasing attention on sites like Hypetrak and Soundcloud.

“Panic City is a solid EDM artist, and all involved with organizing the event, myself included, have put a lot of hard work into it,” said Kyle Simon, a fourth-year biochemistry and molecular biology major. “I am personally excited to have the opportunity to facilitate the cooperation of Monster Energy with such a fantastic event.”

The event begins at 9 p.m. on April 26 at the AEPi house on Russell Boulevard. Valid UC Davis ID will be required for free student entry.

— Andrew Russell