Best On Campus Animal: Tercero Cows
Permalink

Best On Campus Animal: Tercero Cows

Any student at UC Davis can confirm the mixed emotions that come with attending a cowtown university. How would you describe the experience of being able to see…

Continue Reading →

Best Dessert: Yoloberry
Permalink

Best Dessert: Yoloberry

Students and community residents have always known that frozen yogurt is a go-to choice in Davis, and with the hotter days of summer fast-approaching, there has never been…

Continue Reading →

Best Campus Event: Picnic Day
Permalink

Best Campus Event: Picnic Day

For many UC Davis students, April signifies a clean slate after the rough Winter Quarter, the revival of our bright and beautiful town and the largest student-run event…

Continue Reading →

Best Place to Exercise: The ARC
Permalink

Best Place to Exercise: The ARC

A Thursday night at the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) is a flurry of commotion and excitement. A swarm of students buzz around the equipment in the weight…

Continue Reading →

Best Place to Study: Shields Library
Permalink

Best Place to Study: Shields Library

UC Davis has multiple libraries ranked among the top 100 academic research libraries in North America. For this year’s Best of Davis, however, Shields Library won the top…

Continue Reading →

Best Breakfast: Crepeville
Permalink

Best Breakfast: Crepeville

Crepeville, located near the UC Davis campus on 3rd Street, now holds the honor of UC Davis’ favorite breakfast place. Crepeville’s success at its first location in San…

Continue Reading →

Best Burrito: Taqueria Guadalajara
Permalink

Best Burrito: Taqueria Guadalajara

There’s never a bad time for a burrito. Whether it’s 8 a.m. or 9 p.m., Taqueria Guadalajara — commonly referred to as “Guads” — is the place to…

Continue Reading →

Best Bike Shop: Bike Barn
Permalink

Best Bike Shop: Bike Barn

Since the 1960s, Davis has been known as the bike capital of America, a nickname embraced by both students and locals. The town is home to 10 bike…

Continue Reading →

Best Method of Transportation: Biking
Permalink

Best Method of Transportation: Biking

In a classic underdog upset, bikes have been voted Davis’ best mode of transportation. It may come as no surprise that the first city to have bike paths,…

Continue Reading →

Best Late-Night Snack: In-n-Out
Permalink

Best Late-Night Snack: In-n-Out

Late into a night of grueling studying, working or partying, sometimes, students just need a snack. In-n-Out is always there in those late hours, its golden arrow glowing…

Continue Reading →

Best Chinese Food: Dumpling House
Permalink

Best Chinese Food: Dumpling House

Dumpling House is locally renowned for its savory dumplings, served pan-fried, in soup broth or steamed with a special house recipe sauce. The dumplings themselves are handmade in…

Continue Reading →

Best Egghead: Bookhead
Permalink

Best Egghead: Bookhead

This year’s favorite egghead sculpture, the “Bookhead,” welcomes visitors to UC Davis’ Peter J. Shields Library with its head literally buried in a book. Renowned UC Davis Art…

Continue Reading →

Best Pizza: Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza
Permalink

Best Pizza: Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza

Customizable toppings, artisanal ingredients, fast service and reasonable prices come together at Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza, a franchise pizza joint serving up personal-sized thin-crust pizzas cooked in a unique,…

Continue Reading →

Best Coffee: Temple
Permalink

Best Coffee: Temple

What is the only thing that can get UC Davis students through a tough week of midterms? Coffee, of course. Caffeine-dependent students can take a moment and step…

Continue Reading →

Best Campus Snapchat Filter: The White Water Tower
Permalink

The classic white water tower Snapchat filter has graced the phone screens and embellished the snaps of countless individuals in the UC Davis student community. Alluring due to…

Continue Reading →