Best of Davis: Bar
Permalink

Best of Davis: Bar

G Street Wunderbar Whether it’s a Wednesday night out after a final or a three-day weekend, Davis has many bars that are popular among students. G Street Wunderbar…

Continue Reading →

Best of Davis: Best Study Spot
Permalink

Best of Davis: Best Study Spot

Winner: Shields Library A college campus is incomplete without a great library. Most libraries, while mostly used to house books, fulfill another purpose instead; being a comfortable, quiet…

Continue Reading →

Best of Davis: Quintessential Davis Fashion Statement
Permalink

Winner: Hydro Flask with stickers and/or dents Clinking with ice in the back of a crowded lecture, the Hydro Flask makes its presence known. You turn to see…

Continue Reading →

Best of Davis: Meme
Permalink

Best of Davis: Meme

Winner: “Use the free masks to save the Tercero cows” Early last November, Davis was hit with a gust of smoke that originated from Camp Fire in Butte…

Continue Reading →

Best Nap Spot: Arboretum
Permalink

Best Nap Spot: Arboretum

Every student has their own reason for choosing to snooze in the Arboretum Taking a nap in the arboretum takes some effort. Walking 20 minutes to the far…

Continue Reading →

Best Date Spot: Farmer’s Market
Permalink

Best Date Spot: Farmer’s Market

The appeal of Davis’ local farmers market to couples Given Davis’ agricultural background, it’s no surprise that Davis Farmers Market attracts a lot of attention from the surrounding…

Continue Reading →

Best of Davis: Late Night Snack
Permalink

Best of Davis: Late Night Snack

Winner: In-n-Out It’s 2 a.m. You’ve been eating salad all day and you’re lying awake in bed thinking about spread, grilled onions and American cheese. You have been…

Continue Reading →

Best of Davis: Coffee
Permalink

Best of Davis: Coffee

Winner: Philz Walking into the Philz in Downtown Davis, you’re immediately hit with the subtle smell of fresh coffee. This location opens at 6 a.m. and closes at…

Continue Reading →

MOOving the “best animal on campus” vote
Permalink

The UC Davis cows win the student vote for fourth year Behind the Tercero first-year dorms, groups of dairy cows rest in the sun, watching as curious students…

Continue Reading →

Best of Davis: Grad Photo Spot
Permalink

Best of Davis: Grad Photo Spot

Winner: The Promenade Golden light shines through the tree canopies, grazing the tops of bikers’ heads as they head home from class, bouncing off the hammocks and right…

Continue Reading →

Best of Davis: Farmers Market Treat
Permalink

Best of Davis: Farmers Market Treat

Winner: Apple-A-Day Cider Every week, hundreds of Davis residents gather at the Farmers Market in Central Park to enjoy local artisan foods and beverages, locally grown produce and…

Continue Reading →

Best Pizza: Blaze Pizza
Permalink

Best Pizza: Blaze Pizza

Who has time to wait an hour for pizza delivery these days? Students definitely don’t, which is why Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza was voted “Best Pizza” by UC Davis…

Continue Reading →

Best ASUCD Unit: The California Aggie
Permalink

Best ASUCD Unit: The California Aggie

Was this category rigged? Absolutely not — that would be a terrifying abuse of our positions as journalists, an utter disgrace to that which we hold in such…

Continue Reading →

Best Breakfast Burrito: Ali Baba
Permalink

Best Breakfast Burrito: Ali Baba

Breakfast burritos are a staple of almost every college student’s diet. Cheap, filling and almost always delicious, there are so many different ways to make each of these…

Continue Reading →

Best Student Group: Camp Kesem
Permalink

Best Student Group: Camp Kesem

Next to Odd Fellows Hall in downtown Davis is a bright and colorful mural that embodies the youthful magic of this year’s best student organization: Camp Kesem. This…

Continue Reading →