Best Place to Study: Shields Library
Permalink

Best Place to Study: Shields Library

Whether you prefer to set up camp at your favorite coffee shop or get comfortable under a shady tree on the Quad, everyone has their favorite study spot.…

Continue Reading →

Best Dessert: Davis Creamery
Permalink

Best Dessert: Davis Creamery

The Davis Creamery has been churning out ice cream for over 15 years. Located on E Street, the creamery is frequented by all kinds of dessert-lovers: ice-cream fanatics…

Continue Reading →

Best GE Course: NUT 10
Permalink

Best GE Course: NUT 10

General education courses can be a tedious requirement to fulfill for those just trying to focus on their major classes. But since we all have to do it,…

Continue Reading →

Best Place to Nap: Quad Hammocks
Permalink

Best Place to Nap: Quad Hammocks

Students will normally see the elusive Quad lawn hammocks swaying on any sunny day, but resting on one is an entirely different endeavor. Despite the scarcity, the hammocks…

Continue Reading →

Best Place to Work on Campus: The CoHo
Permalink

Best Place to Work on Campus: The CoHo

With over 250 students making up the staff of this popular dining facility, students are eager to be part of the CoHo and everything it has to offer.…

Continue Reading →

Best Mode of Transportation: Biking
Permalink

Best Mode of Transportation: Biking

Biking once again took the crown for Best Mode of Transportation. Of course, the popularity of the bike likely comes as little surprise to any student who has…

Continue Reading →

Best On-Campus Animal: The Tercero Cows
Permalink

Best On-Campus Animal: The Tercero Cows

Davis loves dairy cows, as seen in the consecutive winners of the Best On-Campus Animal Award in 2016 , 2017 and now 2018. If you’re near the Tercero…

Continue Reading →

Best Burger: Burgers and Brew
Permalink

Best Burger: Burgers and Brew

You can often see it: the crowd of hungry students, families and out-of-town visitors swarming around, waiting for a spot to eat at the ever-busy eatery on the…

Continue Reading →

Best Boba: T4
Permalink

Best Boba: T4

Milk tea has become a big business in Davis over the last few years. With several boba shops in downtown alone, the bar is high for both quality…

Continue Reading →

Best Day Trip: San Francisco
Permalink

Best Day Trip: San Francisco

The big city lies just an hour and a half south of Davis Most UC Davis students and staff know the feeling all too well: living in a…

Continue Reading →

Best Snapchat Filter: Cursive “Davis, CA”
Permalink

You’re sitting in the Arboretum. It’s a classic Davis day. The sun dances off of the water, and anywhere between ten and a thousand ducks are waddling about.…

Continue Reading →

Best Late-Night Snack: In-N-Out
Permalink

Best Late-Night Snack: In-N-Out

Late at night, while much of Davis is fast asleep, the students at UC Davis are often just getting started after a long night of studying, procrastination or…

Continue Reading →

Best Asian Grocery Store: Kim’s Mart
Permalink

Best Asian Grocery Store: Kim’s Mart

If you ever need eight-and-a-half pounds of chili garlic sauce or dried miso, Kim’s Mart is the place to go. Located downtown near the corner of 4th and…

Continue Reading →

Best Sandwich: Ike’s Love and Sandwiches
Permalink

Ike’s Love and Sandwiches, the popular sandwich shop in Davis, has won Best Sandwich once again. The chain opened its first location in 2007 on Halloween, and the…

Continue Reading →

Best On Campus Animal: Tercero Cows
Permalink

Best On Campus Animal: Tercero Cows

Any student at UC Davis can confirm the mixed emotions that come with attending a cowtown university. How would you describe the experience of being able to see…

Continue Reading →