Vote: Best of Davis 2017
Permalink
Best Coffee: Dutch Bros.
Permalink

Best Coffee: Dutch Bros.

When one thinks of a café, the usual image is warm lighting, jazz music, students studying for classes and a desperately European-looking interior design. This year’s best coffee…

Continue Reading →

Best Method of Transportation: Biking
Permalink

Best Method of Transportation: Biking

The UC Davis Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) auctions off over 800 bikes each year, the United States Bicycling Hall of Fame is right next to campus and…

Continue Reading →

Best Bar: Froggy’s Bar and Grill
Permalink

Best Bar: Froggy’s Bar and Grill

The bars are one of the many factors that make nightlife in Davis so fun. Davis is known to have some of the most entertaining bars, but one…

Continue Reading →

Best Sandwich: Pluto’s
Permalink

Best Sandwich: Pluto’s

For students craving classic salads and sandwiches in between classes, Pluto’s is the place to go. Located on First Street, Pluto’s is this year’s winner of best sandwich…

Continue Reading →

Best Pizza: Woodstock’s
Permalink

Best Pizza: Woodstock’s

For the fourth consecutive year, Woodstock’s Pizza has won “Best Pizza” in Davis. Woodstock’s first opened up its original restaurant in 1977 in Corvallis, Ore. Founder Chuck Woodstock…

Continue Reading →

Best CoHo Food: TxMx Grill
Permalink

Best CoHo Food: TxMx Grill

The ASUCD Coffee House (CoHo) is easily the most popular place on-campus to grab a quick snack and drink. At the CoHo, students can choose from a variety…

Continue Reading →

Best Chinese Restaurant: The Dumpling House
Permalink

When you can’t decide what to eat for dinner, Chinese food is always a great go-to — especially since Davis offers a plethora of options. However, UC Davis…

Continue Reading →

Best Place to Exercise: The ARC
Permalink

Best Place to Exercise: The ARC

To anyone looking for a good place to workout this spring: the search is over. This year’s best place to exercise is none other than the UC Davis…

Continue Reading →

Best Burrito: Taqueria Guadalajara
Permalink

Best Burrito: Taqueria Guadalajara

It’s 8 p.m. You’ve given up on studying for the night, and you’re hungry. You look in the fridge only to realize you haven’t been grocery shopping in…

Continue Reading →

Best Breakfast: Crepeville
Permalink

Best Breakfast: Crepeville

Breakfast is supposedly the most important meal of the day, but it’s hard to make food ‘important’ if it doesn’t taste good. That’s why this year’s best breakfast…

Continue Reading →

Best Place to Work: The California Aggie
Permalink

Established in 1915 as The Weekly Agricola, The California Aggie has been UC Davis’ official student-run newspaper for the past 100 years. In 2014, The Aggie went out…

Continue Reading →

Best Late-Night Snack: In-N-Out
Permalink

Best Late-Night Snack: In-N-Out

Cooking after a long day can often prove to be a recipe for disaster, especially after 18-hour long study sessions at Shields. When unleashing your inner Julia Child…

Continue Reading →

Best Burger: Burgers and Brew
Permalink

Best Burger: Burgers and Brew

The award-winning restaurant Burgers and Brew has won the hearts of UC Davis students for best burger this year. The Davis location, on Third Street, is always filled…

Continue Reading →

Best Evening Entertainment: Mondavi Center
Permalink

For the second consecutive year, the Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts has been voted the best place for evening entertainment in Davis. With entertainment…

Continue Reading →