Women’s Lacrosse Preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Temple

Records: Aggies, 2-4; Owls, 2-2

Where: Aggie Stadium

When: Today at 3 p.m.

Who to watch: After making key contributions late in the second half of UC Davis’ last two home games, senior midfielder Katie McGovern seems to be back in top form.

After tough outings in the first four Aggie matches, the San Francisco native recently exploded for nine goals, five ground balls, four draw controls and three assists in the last two Aggie wins.

Did you know? With a win today, UC Davis will net its first three-game winning streak in almost two years.

The last time the Aggies won three in a row was Mar. 24, 2006, when senior midfielder Katie McMahon, then a junior, scored six goals in an 11-9 victory over Vermont.

Preview: The Aggies will be in familiar territory this afternoon against an unfamiliar face.

Playing its fifth-straight home game, UC Davis will play Temple for the first time in program history.

If McGovern keeps up her clutch ways, the Aggies should fair well.

After scoring the clinching goal against Holy Cross Mar. 3, McGovern figured in three of the Aggies’ final four goals as UC Davis claimed its second straight win on Mar. 10 over Quinnipiac.

Today, McGovern and the Aggies will look for a three-peat performance when they welcome the high flying Owls to Aggie Stadium.

Temple is soaring, having claimed a 17-4 blowout victory of UC Davis’ conference foe St. Mary’s on Tuesday.

UC Davis will be the fourth Mountain Pacific Sports Federation opponent Temple has faced in the last eight days. Before its victory over St. Mary’s, Temple fell 10-7 to California and 10-9 to Oregon.

Like the Aggies are with McGovern and McMahon, the Owls are paced offensively by a pair of seniors. Midfielder Whitney Richards and attacker Nicole Caniglia have combined for 18 goals and eight assists in the first three games of the team’s West Coast trip.