Best Burger

1. Burgers and Brew
403 Third St.

2. In-N-Out
1020 Olive Drive

3. Tommy J’s
726 Second St.

It can hardly come as a surprise to the Davis community that Burgers and Brew is being recognized for its unparalleled savory excellence for the fourth year in a row.

“It feels great every single time,” said Burgers and Brew manager Reilly Bennett, of the restaurant’s continued success. “I think people enjoy having a place to sit down and enjoy great food and drink without having to wait in line, be cramped and have to listen to ear-splitting music like you would have to at a bar. Because of this, in addition to our location and hours, we’ve got a really fun atmosphere.”

Burgers and Brew, which opened in 2007, offers an extensive menu of burgers, including the spicy guacamole cheeseburger and the bacon and jalapeño burger, which Bennett says are favorites. However, the more adventurous diners can satisfy a carnivorous appetite with the buffalo burger or lamb burger.

“Our lamb burger might scare some people, but it’s not your grandma’s lamb,” said Bennett. “It comes with our mint yogurt sauce, which seems off the beaten track, but once people try it, they love it.”

To accompany their burgers, Burgers and Brew serves 28 beers on draft and countless bottled options. Starting this past December, they started brewing their own imperial brown-ale, Rapture, which was sold out within the first few weeks.

“When it’s available again, we will have it available for $2 a pint during happy hour,” Bennett said.

Famished burger-cravers can also fill up at second-place winner In-N-Out or at third-place winner Tommy J’s, located during the day inside Froggy’s Bar and Grill.

— Lani Chan