Best Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream

1. Yolo Berry Yogurt
316 C St.

2. Sugar Daddies
113 E St.

3. Cultive
231 E St.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! That is the famous saying, but in Davis, residents clearly prefer frozen yogurt over ice cream.

Yolo Berry Yogurt has been voted Davis’ favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt shop again this year.

Yolo Berry opened in October 2008, becoming the fourth yogurt shop in Davis. Customers are able to serve themselves yogurt from machines on the wall. Over 100 toppings allow everyone to be creative and put together their own frozen yogurt ensembles.  A cup of frozen yogurt and toppings costs just 39 cents per ounce, and the multiple yogurt flavors are rotated daily.

“Yolo Berry stands out for its toppings, I’m guessing. That’s really the main difference with us,” said assistant manager Jaymi Garcia. “We have so many different toppings and variety. That’s what makes us stand out from the other yogurt shops.”

Yolo Berry, located at 316 C St., is in a prime location directly across the street from Central Park and very near to other restaurants and hangouts of downtown, including the Davis Farmers Market and Burgers and Brew.

“We have good customer service, we are a friendly, clean environment, and we have variety of toppings including fresh fruit and hot syrups and cold syrups. It’s just a good atmosphere,” Garcia said.

Sugar Daddies, located at 113 E St., came in second place with Cultive, located at 231 E St., coming in third.

— Priscilla Wong