Best place to dance

1. The Davis Graduate
805 Russell Blvd.

2. KetMoRee Thai Restaraunt and Bar
238 G St.

3. Activities and Recreation Center dance classes

Put on your cowboy boots, because Davis loves ‘em some country dancing. The Davis Graduate, host to country, salsa and top 40 themed nights, was once again voted the best place to dance in Davis.

“We’re the only place in town that has a real dance floor,” said Danny Ramos, general manager.

Dances are held Monday through Saturday, and most nights are 18 and over. The Grad also hosts special events — such as greek mixers — on Thursdays. Most nights have a cover charge, but Wednesdays are free for the 21 and over crowd.

The Grad, located at 805 Russell Blvd in the University Mall, has been open since 1971.

“Music changes, but dancing remains the same,” Ramos said. “Try it out some time. You’re in college. Most people that come in have fun.”

In second place is KetMoRee, a Thai restaurant that turns into a night club Thursday through Saturday.

The G Street location often has a line out the door, with a variety of house, top 40 and old school music pulsing past the bouncer. The first hundred people of the evening get in for free, and if you buy a drink before 11:30 the cover is waived.

Third place goes to the on campus Activities and Recreation Center (ARC), which hosts a variety of dance classes and team practices,  including ballet and salsa. Though the ARC is more of a fitness club than a night club, the people of Davis love getting their sweat on in the second floor studios.

– Becky Peterson