Best Place to Take Your Parents: Burgers and Brew

Restaurant offers numerous burger options as well as specialty entrée, fries

Although Davis’ culinary offerings are vast and varied, UC Davis students have voted Burgers and Brew as the best place in the city to take your parents.

Located on 403 3rd Street and normally open from 11 a.m to 10 p.m, the restaurant offers a number of burger options, ranging from hamburgers to garden burgers to chili cheeseburgers and more. The restaurant is known for offering a wide variety of specialty items, such as their turkey avocado melt, fish & chips and steak sandwich, as well as a number of specialty fries, including their Breakfast Fries with bacon and a fried egg, their New England Fries with jack cheese and clam chowder and their Gladiator Fries with grilled chicken, feta cheese and Caesar dressing.

Dr. Glen Fox, a professor of malting and brewing science, commented on the establishment’s “positive and helpful staff,” saying via email that there is always good service. 

“I enjoy the food and beer options, [and] the service is quick,” Fox said.

Burgers and Brew was first opened 15 years ago by two brothers “who wanted craft brew and a solid burger made with 100% Niman Ranch meats, and the freshest ingredients,” according to the restaurant’s website. Now, Burgers and Brew has five different locations in Northern California, including in Sacramento, West Sacramento, Chico and Davis. 

Whether you’re looking for a place to bring your parents or are simply seeking a good restaurant, Burgers and Brew has good customer service and a wide variety of food choices that are likely to please students and their families.

Written by: Shraddha Jhingan — features@theaggie.org