Arts Week

POETRY
Zara Raab
Today, 8:00 p.m., free
John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First St.
Currently working on her third book of poetry, Zara Raab is a poet, essayist and reviewer, who has been published in numerous literary magazines. Born and raised in California, she also teaches a poetry class at the city of Berkeley’s Hillside Club. Raab will be joined by the UC Davis theatre and dance MFA candidate performers.

MUSIC
Armadillo Music & KDVS Record Swap
Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., free
Davis Senior Center, 646 A St.
Over 50 tables of used and new CDs, tapes, DVDs and vinyl records will be present at this music swap, put on by KDVS, Armadillo Music and the city of Davis. Tables are available to the general public to purchase in order to sell their wares, and the event is open to anyone wishing to purchase music in all of its forms.

D’Amore Duo
Friday, 8:00 p.m., $5 (tickets required)
Davis Art Center, 1919 F St.
Musicians William Feasley and Yeon Jee Sohn will be opening the Davis Art Center’s Fourth Annual Classical Guitar Ensemble Series with a guitar and oboe performance. The Duo has travelled around the globe to expose music lovers everywhere to their unique fusion of oboe and guitar in chamber music.

ART/GALLERY
Bark! Opening Reception
Friday, 7:00 p.m., free
John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First St.
The opening reception for Bark! will include music, refreshments, and a book signing for Cameron Woo’s Photobooth Dogs. Bark! is a multimedia homage to the dog, with works of art ranging from painting to sculpture. The show will feature works from numerous artists, including a solo show by artist Roy de Forest.

THEATER/MONDAVI
Cirque Mechanics
Sunday, 3:00 p.m., $12.50-27 student ticket
Mondavi Center
A cog-and-wheels American Circus, the 9-year-old Cirque Mechanics will be performing its show Birdhouse Factory at the Mondavi Center. The performance is inspired in part by the creations of Rube Goldberg and Charlie Chaplin, and is directed by the troupe’s founder, Chris Lashua.

Isabel Wilkerson: UCD Campus Community Book Project
Tuesday, 8:00 p.m., $10-20 student ticket
Mondavi Center
Isabel Wilkerson, Pulitzer Prize winner and author of the bestseller The Warmth of Other Suns, will be speaking on her book and the years of research that went into it. The Warmth of Other Suns was chosen for the 2012-2013 UC Davis Campus Community Book Project.

— Tanya Azari