Best Boba: Sharetea

REBECCA RIDGE / AGGIE

Boba, milk tea, bubble tea — regardless of the title, boba is vital to Davis culture. There are small milk tea locations scattered throughout downtown and the outskirts of the city — or, in the case of Sharetea, they can even be found just off campus. Because these small boba joints offer hubs for socializing, fundraising or even studying, Davis’ Sharetea is a prime location for students with a craving for sweet tea and tapioca balls, and has thus been deemed Davis’ Best Boba.

Open on weekdays from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sharetea has long enough hours to satisfy late-night cravings and to fill uncomfortably long gaps in class schedules. With free wifi, indoor and outdoor seating and plenty of charging outlets, Sharetea is easily accessible for studiers.

“We’re so close to campus,” said Cathy Hsieh, a second-year computer science major and an employee at Sharetea. “It’s really easy to go get boba and then go to class. Personally, I don’t want to go all the way down to E Street to go get boba. Sharetea is right here!”

For Hsieh, working at Sharetea is easy and convenient; her commute to work is merely a few steps from the Memorial Union. And fortunately for Davis’ boba-loving community, such convenience also exists for the student body.

Written by: Ally Overbay & Michael Wexler — features@theaggie.org