Homecoming bonfire canceled due to environmental risks

Homecoming events

Back to School Weekend

Oct. 16 to 17

Sponsored by the Cal Aggie Alumni Association, alumni, staff and students can register to attend a slew of activities from lunching with the chancellor to attending a pre-game party before Saturday’s big game.

Pajamarino

Oct. 16, 4:45 p.m., Amtrak station

Don ye pajamas and eat ye Dos Coyotes. This 97-year-long tradition was started by students in 1912 to welcome the alumni coming to town via train for the homecoming game. Friday’s Pajamarino will be joined by local restaurants, businesses and the Cal-Aggie Band-uh! There will also be a contest for the best pajamas.

Pre-game festivities

Oct. 17, 3:30 to 6 p.m., Aggie Stadium

Get fired up for the big game in front of Aggie Stadium with alumni Band-uh! members, alumni spirit squad members and the whole UC Davis team. Enjoy the festivities with food, drink, music and old friends.

Aggie Pride Book Signing

Oct. 17, 4:30 to 5:50 p.m., Aggie Stadium

During pre-game festivities, UC Davis coach Jim Sochor will be signing copies of UC Davis coffee table book, “Aggie Pride,” available at a special homecoming price of $39.95.

Homecoming Pre-Game Party at Rec Pool

Oct. 17, 4 to 6 p.m., Recreation Pool, La Rue Road

Gather poolside with a picnic and listen to live student techno band “The Dead 12 Year Olds.” Though attendees are not allowed to swim or bring alcohol or glass, the event is free for students and $6 for the general public.

Homecoming Game

Oct. 17, kickoff at 6 p.m., Aggie Stadium

Go watch The Aggies beat the Rams from Winston-Salem State University in North Carolina.

LAUREN STEUSSY can be reached at campus@theaggie.org.