Men’s tennis preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. UC Santa Barbara; Cal Poly

Records: Aggies, 8-8 (1-1); No. 64 Gauchos, 8-5 (2-1); Mustangs, 8-8 (1-0)

Where: Recreation Center Courts – Santa Barbara, Calif.; Mustang Courts – San Luis Obispo, Calif.

When: Saturday at 1 p.m.; Sunday at noon

Who to Watch: Unlike sports that are governed by the clock, in tennis it isn’t over till it’s over.

But you don’t have to tell that to Hunter Lee.

Last week against DePaul, the sophomore fought back from a 6-1 first-set loss to claim the second and third sets by tiebreaker.

Did You Know: This will be the first time all season the Aggies have faced two Big West Conference opponents in the same weekend.

The Aggies will look to improve their conference record, which stands at 1-1 with a win over UC Riverside and a loss to Pacific.

Preview: Streaks, both winning and losing, seem to be following the UC Davis men’s tennis team as of late.

The Aggies enjoyed a 2-0 run prior to a three-week break, and suffered a 0-2 streak upon returning to play last weekend.

Against conference opponents UCSB and Cal Poly, the Aggies will hope to fight off what could potentially be their first losing record of the season.

First on Saturday, the Aggies will face No. 64 UC Santa Barbara.

The Gauchos are fresh off a 5-2 loss to No. 52 San Diego on Saturday, ending a six-match winning streak.

Then on Sunday the Aggies will travel to San Luis Obispo to face the Mustangs, who earned a close 4-3 victory over Loyola Marymount on Tuesday.

Cal Poly will be looking for a repeat of their last meeting with the Aggies, which saw the Mustangs edge out a narrow 4-3 victory last April at the Marya Welch Tennis Center.

The Aggies will return home Apr. 11 to host Portland State.