Women’s Water Polo Preview

Event: 28th Annual Aggie Shootout

Teams: No. 10 UC Davis vs. Colorado State; Cal State East Bay; No. 11 Loyola Marymount; Cal State San Bernadino; Cal State Bakersfield

Records: Aggies, 16-8 (5-1); Rams 8-20 (5-8); Pioneers 11-8 (3-3); Lions, 13-8 (5-1); Coyotes, 15-10 (3-2); Roadrunners, 15-13 (7-5)

When: Today at 3 p.m.; Saturday at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Sunday at 8 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.

Where: Schaal Aquatics Center

Who to watch: Senior attacker Christi Raycraft scored in each of last weekend’s games and drew nine ejections in the process. The nine exclusions brought her season total to 62, which broke the school record previously held by assistant coach Katherine O’Rourke.

Raycraft is now hunting down O’Rourke’s career record of exclusions. She’s currently 20 ejections shy of the record.

Did you know? LMU dealt UC Davis its only loss in Western Water Polo Association play earlier this season on Mar. 8. Since that victory, the Lions have won seven-straight games.

The Aggies are looking to break that winning streak, as well as a different one. The Lions have notched three-straight victories over UC Davis.

Preview: April showers? Expect the top-ranked Aggies to make it rain on some conference opponents despite the sunny skies on the forecast.

The Aggie Shootout fields seven members of the WWPA, including three of the four semifinalists of the 2007 conference tournament. This will be the last time the Aggies see any of these teams before the WWPA Tournament later this month.

It’s a great opportunity to see most all the top teams. said head coach Jamey Wright. I am really excited to get a final look before the WWPA Tournament.

UC Davis is coming off an impressive three-game weekend sweep that started its 11-game homestand last Friday. Over the past two seasons, the Aggies have posted an impressive 18-2 home record and will be looking for more of the same this weekend.

UC Davis is hoping to bring the kind of April showers that bloom into May NCAA Tournament flowers.

This weekend is not do or die, said Wright. But we really want to do well and send a message