Campus Judicial Review

Stumbling drunk

A senior was spotted stumbling on Howard Way. After stumbling for a while, he fell down and passed out. A concerned witness called the UCD Police and requested a welfare check on the student. The student could not walk without the help of others and reeked of alcohol. Unable to care for himself, the student was arrested for public intoxication and was transported to the Yolo County Jail. After meeting with SJA, the student agreed to a censure and counseling at the Alcohol, Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment program. A censure is an official reprimand and warning given to the student from the university.

Getting high by the bonfire

A UCD police officer noticed a fire near Putah Creek Lodge and went to the scene to check for a fire permit. None of the people present had a fire permit. However, they had something else. The officer found a glass bong and small plastic bag containing marijuana. A junior was arrested after admitting to being the owner of the marijuana and paraphernalia. The student agreed to disciplinary probation and will attend an educational group session with ADAPT.

Fake diploma

A former student who attended UCD in the late 1980s was charged with forging a UC Davis diploma to apply for a job. The company to which he applied for a job contacted the university to check the validity of his diploma, and sure enough, it was a fake. Upon further investigation, SJA discovered that the student had failed to complete a course that was required for his degree 18 years ago, and therefore did not graduate. The student claimed that having a hard copy of his college diploma was not among his priorities and had simply had it faxed to him instead upon his graduation in 1991. The individual’s sanction was a formal dismissal from the University.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.XXX