Women’s lacrosse preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Cincinnati

Records: Aggies, 4-8; Bearcats, 2-9

Where: Nippert Stadium – Cincinnati, Ohio

When: Saturday at 11 a.m.

Who to watch: The UC Davis women’s lacrosse team has had trouble defending its own goal recently. Sophomore defender Molly Peterson will look to have a key impact when the Aggies play rookie program Cincinnati on Saturday.

The Lafayette, Calif. native is second on the team with 18 caused turnovers and third on the squad with 24 ground balls.

Did you know? Saturday will mark only the third time that UC Davis has traveled to the state of Ohio to play a lacrosse match, and both of its previous appearances resulted in two completely different outcomes.

On Apr. 13, 2007, UC Davis traveled to Columbus, Ohio to play Ohio State, where the Aggies left the field feeling deflated after a 17-4 defeat.

Two days later, UC Davis made its way to Springfield, Ohio to take on Wittenberg University. The Aggies were victorious by an 18-0 margin as then junior midfielder Katie McGovern set a UC Davis record with six assists. She also added three scores.

Preview: After returning home from a three-match East Coast swing to be blown out 21-10 by California, the Aggies will set out on another three-game road trip starting Saturday.

For this trip, UC Davis will be headed to the Midwest. The first of these three contests will come against Cincinnati. Having posted only two wins so far in its inaugural season, the Bearcats are coming off of a recent 16-4 win over Howard.

Ten different Cincinnati players found the back of the net as sophomore attacker Shannon Lynes led the way with three goals of her own.

For the season, the Bearcats are spearheaded offensively by junior midfielder Lindsey Marshall.

A native of Hilliard, Ohio, Marshall is first on her team with 19 goals and 24 draw controls while ranking second on the squad with 14 caused turnovers.

Protecting the goal, sophomore Jen Mott stopped five of seven shots against Howard to post her second victory of the season.