Campus Judicial Report

DMCA Violation

A senior was referred to Student Judicial Affairs for violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.She allegedly illegally downloaded a game on to her computer.However,upon meeting with an SJA officer,sheclaimed that shewas not aware of having the game in her computers system.Peer-to-peer software mayhave uploaded the program into her computer without her being aware of it.The students sanction was awarningfrom theuniversity.

Plagiarism

Afirst-yearwas referred toSJAforsubmitting a paper that contained plagiarized material.The student failed to attend her scheduled appointment with SJA.Therefore,a unilateral decision was made by SJAto enforce a sanction ofdisciplinary probation.A unilateral decision means that if a student fails to attend or respond to his or her scheduled meeting within30days,SJA has the right to impose a sanction on the student.

Unauthorized Collaboration

A senior was referred toSJAfor unauthorized collaboration and copying on a take-home final exam.The professor of the course noticed two exams with very similar answers and notified SJA about the matter.The student admitted to studying and preparing for the exam with the other student.The take-home exams instructions clearly stated that students could not work together in any way.The student claimed that he did not read the exams instructions carefully.The senior received the sanction ofdeferred dismissal,25hours of community service,and a writing assignment on unauthorized collaboration.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board.Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may befound at sja.ucdavis.edu.XXX