Men’s soccer preview

Teams: No. 13 UC Davis at No. 15 UC Santa Barbara

Records: Aggies, 10-1-1 (2-0-1); Gauchos, 6-3-2 (1-0-1)

Where: Harder Stadium – Santa Barbara, Calif.

When: Saturday at 7 p.m.

Who to watch: No UC Davis mens soccer player has earned the recognition of Big West Conference Player of the Week twice in his career – until junior midfielder Paul Marcoux received the award last week.

A native of Mountain View, Calif., Marcoux had an assist and a goal in UC Davis first week of Big West play to help the Aggies tie at No. 18 UC Irvine and a win versus Cal Poly.

Marcoux is the third Aggie to receive the honor this season.

Did you know? While UC Davis stout defense has posted five shutouts this season, it will be tested this weekend as UCSB has the nations longest active scoring streak with 31 straight games dating back to last year.

Preview: The Aggies once again continue to impress, as they downed another conference opponent this week.

On Wednesday night, Cal State Fullerton felt UC Davis wrath, as the Titans were held scoreless for the ninth time this season, losing 1-0.

Eight minutes into the game, Cal State Fullerton freshman midfielder Mario Alvarez was red-carded for a vicious tackle of senior midfielder Ahmad Hatifie.

The game was halted for 45 minutes due to the injury, but when play proceeded, the Aggies played with a man advantage for the remainder of the contest.

Senior forward Quincy Amarikwa was able to capitalize on the advantage, as he booted in a free kick early in the second half to yield the Aggies second conference win. It was his 10th goal of the season.

Now, the Aggies prepare for what might be their toughest test yet as they travel to play UCSB on Saturday night.

The Gauchos are coming off of a 2-2 tie at home against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.

The UCSB attack is led by senior forward Chris Pontius, a preseason All-America Third Team selection.

The Yorba Linda, Calif. native has nine goals in 11 games along with two game-winners.

Max Rosenblum