Men’s soccer preview

Teams: No. 7 UC Davis at UC Riverside

Records: Aggies, 11-1-2 (3-0-2); Highlanders, 3-9-2 (0-4-0)

Where: UCR Soccer StadiumRiverside, Calif.

When: Saturday at 6 p.m.

Who to watch: With a 6-foot-6 frame like sophomore forward Miles Hadley has, it is no wonder that he’s been a threat inside the box this season. Using his height to outmatch opponents, Hadley is third on the team with three scores.

The Oakland native has played in 11 games this season and had the game-winning goal in UC Davis2-0 shutout over Cal Poly on Oct. 4.

Did you know? The Aggies have fared well in recent matchups with the Highlanders, winning the last four contests by a combined score of 7-2. With those four wins, UC Davis has not lost to UC Riverside since Sep. 25, 2005a game where the Aggies fell to the Highlanders 2-1 in two overtimes.

Preview: Seven days after beating Cal State Fullerton 1-0 on the road, the Aggies faced the Titans again this time at home.

After falling behind 2-0 midway through the second half, goals by senior forward Quincy Amarikwa and Hadley in the final 15 minutes of regulation brought UC Davis even.

After battling for two scoreless overtimes, the Aggies left with a 2-2 tie, marking the first time this season that UC Davis has left Aggie Soccer Stadium without a win.

The Aggies will need to put a surprising tie behind them as they travel to UC Riverside this weekend – their third road contest in the last four matches.

An anemic Highlanders offense is led by senior defenseman Joel Crompton. The Pleasanton, Calif. native has four of the teams 13 goals as well as an assist on the season.

Max Rosenblum