Campus Judicial Report

Taking photos of exam materials

A sociology student was witnessed taking unauthorized photos of exam materials during a class review session. To prepare the class for an upcoming exam, the professor provided students with a list of possible test questions, on the condition that it was to be returned at the end of the session. While the professor had momentarily stepped out of the classroom, the student began to take photos of the materials. She subsequently e-mailed the photos to various classmates. After admitting the misconduct to the professor, the student agreed to a sanction of Disciplinary Probation through graduation.

Violation of campus Internet policy

The university received notice from the Recording Association Industry of America, Inc. regarding a copyright infringement from a first-year student. Having received a prior warning regarding acceptable usage of campus networks, the student was referred to Student Judicial Affairs for this repeat violation. The student was barred from all campus network access, constituting a permanent loss of privileges.

First-year students are often unaware of the consequences resulting from music downloading through university networks. Inform yourself by visiting iet.ucdavis.edu/policies/.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.