Men’s golf preview

Event: Pacific Invitational

Where: Brookside Country Club – Stockton, Calif.

When: Today, Tuesday and Wednesday; all day

Who to watch: It’s easy to get lost behind UC Davis’ three-headed monster of medalists in sophomore Austin Graham and seniors Nate Pistacchio and Ramie Sprinkling.

That said, freshman Tyler Raber is still finding ways to make a name for himself.

A Davis High School product, Raber had the best finish of his young career against a difficult Prestige at PGA West field in the Aggies’ last tournament, carding a 226 to tie for 27th place.

Raber has found his way into the top 50 among individuals in four of his first five collegiate tournaments.

Did you know? Saying that the Aggies have enjoyed a successful fall season would be an understatement.

UC Davis has finished in the top two in four of its five fall appearances, including a first-place showing at the season-opening Kansas Invitational.

Preview: The Aggies have momentum. Now, they’ll look to build on it heading into the off-season, as the Pacific Invitational closes the book on their fall campaign.

UC Davis is coming from an impressive second-place finish at the Prestige at PGA West in La Quinta, Calif. Pistacchio led the way, recording a 6-under 210 to claim medalist honors.

Depth was the key to UC Davis’ success once again, as Graham (fifth), Sprinkling (23rd) and Raber (27th) all chipped in with strong tournament showings.

The Aggies will be looking for more of the same this week in Stockton.

UC Davis enters as Golfweek’s No. 24 team in the country, making it the tournament favorite. No. 45 Kansas State is the only other top-50 team in the field.

The Aggies begin their winter off-season program following the completion of the Pacific Invitational. The team will resume play on Feb. 4 at the University of Hawaii, Hilo’s Waikoloa Intercollegiate.

Adam Loberstein