Men’s basketball preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Cal State Bakersfield

Records: Aggies, 2-6; Roadrunners, 3-4

Where: The Pavilion

When: Saturday at 7 p.m.

Who to watch: After a strong showing in the team’s home opener, Kyle Brucculeri will look to stay hot at the Pavilion on Saturday when UC Davis has its second home game of the season.

Against Portland on Nov. 23, the senior forward made of four of five 3-point attempts and scored a season-high 17 points in 21 minutes.

Did you know? Bakersfield is 29-10 all-time against UC Davis, but none of that success has come during the Gary Stewart era.

The sixth-year Aggies head coach is 2-0 against the Roadrunners with the most recent win coming last season in Bakersfield, 72-69.

Preview: Two teams will be looking to put a long Wednesday night behind them when they step out onto Hamilton Court on Saturday.

UC Davis and Bakersfield both suffered tough road losses two days ago, as the Aggies fell to Causeway rival Sacramento State 82-70 and the Roadrunners were edged 67-63 in overtime by Pacific.

It was a cold shooting night for both teams. UC Davis shot 36.1 percent from the floor and went 5-for-25 from beyond the arc. Bakersfield, meanwhile, shot a combined 27.2 percent in the second half and overtime period after converting 52.4 percent in the first half.

Cal State Bakersfield is 1-1 this season against Big West Conference teams. It defeated preseason conference favorite Cal State Northridge 67-65 on Nov. 21 before losing to Pacific.

Trent Blakely leads the Roadrunners with 14.3 points and 1.7 3-pointers per game. He’s also second on the team with 5.1 rebounds behind Santwon Latunde (7.7 rebounds, 3.4 offensive).

Michael Gehlken