Campus Judicial Report

Reply-All

A senior was referred to SJA for unauthorized collaboration. Intending to send her completed homework to a friend who was having trouble in the class, the student accidentally forwarded the homework to the entire class and professor. The student admitted dishonesty and accepted a censure and a writing assignment on unauthorized collaboration.

Plagiarism

A student was referred to SJA for plagiarizing a paper. The student copied directly from two sources not cited in his paper. After being found in violation, the student accepted Disciplinary Probation and 15 hours of community service. In addition, the student received a zero on the paper. A similar violation in the future would result in his removal from school.

Facebook cheating

A Chem 2A student was referred to SJA due to an ad she posted on Facebook. The ad sought someone smart to take the student’s test in her place. She explained to the SJA officer that it was not a real solicitation but merely a joke between friends, and pointed out some aspects of the ad, which made it clear it was a joke. The student also asserted that she had in fact taken the exam herself, and could prove this. She was found innocent of academic misconduct and the charges against her were dropped. However, the student agreed not to do anything similar again.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.