Women’s basketball preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Cal State Fullerton

Records: Aggies, 6-8 (2-1); Titans, 5-8 (2-1)

Where: The Pavilion

When: Today at 7 p.m.

Who to watch: Down one point with nine seconds remaining at Long Beach State on Saturday, it was an unlikely heroine who enabled the Aggies to escape with a narrow margin of victory.

Freshman Kasey Riecks drove the ball to the hoop, drew the foul and hit both free throws to give UC Davis a 55-54 win.

The Auburn, Calif. native finished with 15 points for the Aggies and has started in all 14 games this season.

Did you know? In UC Davis and Cal State Fullerton’s two matchups last season, the Aggies won big in both contests, beating the Titans by an average of 29.5 points per game.

Preview: After coming back to take a close game from Long Beach State, UC Davis is back in the winning mindset as the conference schedule hits full swing.

Down 51-44 with 4:38 remaining on Saturday, a three-point bucket by freshman Hana Asano sparked a 9-0 Aggie run to take the lead.

The 49ers grabbed the lead back, however, as they held a 54-53 advantage with nine seconds left on the clock before Riecksfree throws gave the Aggies to their second Big West victory.

UC Davis will now host Cal State Fullerton, a team that has the same league record as the Aggies.

The Titans are led offensively by senior Toni Thomas, who is averaging 13.0 points and 9.0 rebounds per contest in Big West play.

Sophomore guard Lauren Chow leads the show for Cal State Fullerton, scoring 11.2 points per game to go along with a team-high 46 assists this season.

The Aggiesleading scorer is sophomore Paige Mintun, who averages 13.2 points per game and has a team-high 24 steals. She also leads the squad in rebounding with 6.2 boards per contest.

Max Rosenblum