Men’s basketball preview

Teams: UC Davis at UC Irvine

Records: Aggies, 7-10 (2-2); Anteaters, 5-11 (3-1)

Where: Bren Events Center – Irvine

When: Saturday at 1:05 p.m.

Radio: KFSG (1690-AM)

TV: Comcast SportsNet California and FSN Prime Ticket

Who to watch: If the past is any indicator, Dominic Calegari should be in for a big offensive night this Saturday.

In two career games at the Bren Events Center, Calegari has averaged 19 points with 2.5 3-pointers made.

Did you know? This will be UC Davis’ second televised game against UC Irvine in as many years. Last season in Davis, one year to the day of Saturday’s matchup, the Aggies opened the game on a 17-0 run and held on for a 74-57 win.

Preview: UC Davis has not swept a Thursday-Saturday Big West Conference set since the 2004-2005 season. After last night, it will have its chance.

The Aggies traveled to Cal State Fullerton and took on the Josh Akognon-led Titans.

Vince Oliver scored 15 of his season-high 27 points in the first half, and Harden had 14 points and 15 rebounds as the Aggies protected a 36-26 halftime lead for an 85-74 win. The victory was the 200th in head coach Gary Stewart’s career.

Akognon, who entered the game sixth in the nation with 24.0 points per game, was held to five points in the first half on 1-for-5 shooting. He finished with 20 points on 7-for-23 shooting (2-for-15 from beyond the arc).

With a win on Saturday, the Aggies can get their sweep and stop the Anteaters in their tracks.

UC Irvine had a thriller last night at home against Pacific, watching a 15-point halftime lead closed before pulling off a 52-51 victory in the final seconds. The Anteaters have now won three of their last four.

Saturday’s Big West matchup will be the final televised game of the regular season for UC Davis.

Entering last night, UC Irvine’s freshman forward Eric Wise was leading three UC Irvine players in double figures with 13.0 points per game this season. Kevin Bland, a 6-foot-8, 235-pound senior forward, was second on the team with 11.2 points per game and a team-high 6.7 rebounds.

Michael Gehlken