Campus Judicial Report

090121_ca_cjr.c

Kicker: Campus Judicial Report

Not In Violation

A student was referred for copying during an exam. The student correctly answered multiple-choice questions on recordings played before the student arrived at the exam. The SJA officer determined that there was not enough evidence to find the student in violation, but due to concerns about the incident, the student received an Administrative Notice regarding UC Davis policies on copying exams. An administrative notice is not a disciplinary sanction, but a formal notice of university policy.

Altering an exam

A math student submitted an altered examination for re-grading. The student erased the original answer and wrote in the correct answer. Upon meeting with an SJA officer, the student admitted to altering the exam, believing that she would not get caught. Her honesty was a mitigating factor, and the student agreed to a sanction of Disciplinary Probation for one year. A student on Disciplinary Probation is more likely to be removed from the university if found in violation of any campus policy.

Multiple violations

A student was referred for plagiarism and for submitting false information on a homework assignment. The student claimed to attend an event that she had not, and plagiarized multiple sections of the paper on the event. Due to the multiple violations and prior referrals, the student received a sanction of deferred separation, an assignment and workshop on plagiarism, tutoring at the Learning Skills Center and 25 hours of community service.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.