Campus Judicial Report

In possession

A senior student was referred for a second time to SJA, this time for possession of marijuana. Police found the student sleeping in his car on campus after he had been drinking. The student agreed to let the police search him, and they found him in possession of marijuana. The student admitted to violating the university’s drug policy and accepted a censure. A similar violation in the future would result in a more serious sanction such as disciplinary probation, suspension or dismissal.

Unauthorized materials during an exam

A third-year economics major was referred to SJA for using unauthorized materials during a final. Worried about doing poorly on the exam, the student paper-clipped answer keys inside his test blue book. The professor confiscated the unauthorized materials and referred the student to SJA. The student admitted dishonesty and accepted deferred suspension and 20 hours of community service.

Copycat

A first-year student was referred to SJA for copying during a biology exam. Three teaching assistants witnessed the student looking at and directly copying from another student’s exam. When the studentstests were compared after the exam, many similarities were found. The student admitted to the dishonest conduct and accepted disciplinary probation for one year and 15 hours of community service.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.