Women’s tennis preview

Who: UC Davis vs. Cal State Fullerton; Cal State Northridge; No. 65 UC Irvine

Records: Aggies, 4-4 (0-1); Titans, 0-3 (0-1); Matadors, 1-5 (1-1); Anteaters, 2-2 (0-0)

Where: Titan CourtsFullerton, Calif.; Matador Tennis ComplexNorthridge, Calif.; Anteater Tennis StadiumIrvine, Calif.

When: Saturday at noon; Sunday at 11 a.m.; Monday at 11 a.m.

Who to watch: Freshman Dahra Zamudio posted an impressive victory in the No. 2 slot as the Aggies fell to UC Santa Barbara last weekend, 5-2.

Zamudio defeated Gaucho Jill Damion in two sets, 6-2, 7-6 (4), helping the New York native to seal her first victory at the No. 2 singles position. On the year, she has gone 5-4 in singles play and 5-5 in doubles.

Did you know? This is the second time the UC Davis women’s tennis team has been slated to play three matches on three consecutive days. There are two more three-peat weekends on the schedule this season (Mar. 6 to 8, Apr. 3 to 4).

Preview: Whenever there is a ranked team on the schedule, the Aggies will be especially ready to play, looking to knock the Anteaters off their game.

But don’t look too far down the road, because there are two games on the Aggiesschedule before they head down to Irvine.

On Saturday, UC Davis will travel to Fullerton to hit the court against the Titans, who are led by Leslie Bullock and Erin Wiesenerboth of whom have seen action as the No. 1 singles player and are a combined 7-10 overall on the season.

The Titans are coming off a sweep by the AggiesSunday opponent: the Cal State Northridge Matadors.

The Matadors shutout the Titans 7-0 to earn their first win of the season. Their previous five matches resulted in five 7-0 losses.

Evgeniya Vertesheva is the Titans standout player this season. The Perm, Russia native has played as the No. 1 singles player in all six matches this year for Fullerton.

After the Aggies get past Bullock, Wiesener and Vertesheva on the weekend, the match on President’s Day will prove to be the real test.

The Anteaters have only played in four matches this year, posting a 2-2 recorda record that is not indicative of the talent that this team possesses.

Just this past match, UC Irvine took on No. 51 Florida International, making quick work of the Golden Panthers, 5-2.

Matt Miller