Best Place to Live

1. Downtown

2. The Colleges at La Rue

164 La Rue Road

3. Primero Grove

500 Primero Grove

Location, check. Bars, check. Places to eat and see live late night shows, check and check.

You name it, downtown’s got it, so there’s little surprise that Downtown Davis has been voted the best place to live.

The first-place finishers in 26 of the 38 categories voted on in this year’sBest of Davisare located downtown, ranging from popular eateries like Woodstock’s and Burgers and Brew to the usual weekend shenanigans that go down at places like Froggy’s and The G St. Pub.

“The best part about living downtown is the proximity to campus, restaurants and bars,said senior communication major Annie Hicklin.I can walk everywhere and almost never have to drive. It is also a huge benefit to be able to wake up 10 minutes before class and still make it on time.

Ten of the remaining 12 first-place winners can be found a short walk away on campus.

Various housing options are available downtown. Apartments, varying from the ones above Crepeville to the Davis Townhouse Apartments, and housesa directory of property management companies is available on the City of Daviswebsitealike are available for lease.

“There is no place I would rather live than downtown,Hicklin said.I definitely don’t miss the bus or the price of a parking permit. And I really got to know the city of Davis better by living downtown.

Location also proved to be key with the rest of our list, as The Colleges at La Rue (just west of campus across from the Activites and Recreation Center) and Primero Grove (on-campus housing near the Segundo dorms) round things out in second and third place, respectively.

Adam Loberstein