Best Place to Work

1. ASUCD Coffee House

Memorial Union

2. Campus Copies/Classical Notes

Memorial Union

3. In-N-Out Burger

1200 Olive Dr.

College students love to socialize, so why not do it at work? The Coffee House at the Memorial Union is the perfect place for the student who wants to earn extra cash, gain leadership skills, all the while being constantly surrounded by people.

With over 225 student jobs, including leadership positions, the affectionately named Coho serves 7,000 customers daily. There are 45 part-time supervisors who report to six student managers.

“Since we cook everything from scratch employees get an opportunity to start somethingwhether its soup or an entréefrom start to finish,said director Sharon Coulson.

Not only is the Coho a lively place to work, but there is also a paycheck of $8 to $10 per hour.

Located among the daily activity of students and staff grabbing coffee or meeting up with friends, employees work side by side with other students and are constantly meeting new people, all the while listening to music.

Student manager Alex Calciano, senior history major, got his start as a freshman when he needed a job.

“As a freshman I didn’t now a bunch of people,he said.I heard it was pretty social, so why not go for it and make a couple bucks while working.

The Coho, overseen by five full-time staff members, is a $4,000,000 break-even operation and hires about 75 to 100 new employees every year. For the past 40 years and counting, the Coho’s student employees continue to cater to the hustle and bustle of campus life.

ASUCD Classical Notes/Campus Copies, located in the Memorial Union, came in at second place while south DavisIn-N-Out Burger landed in third.

– Pooja Kumar