Best Vegetarian Option

1. Delta of Venus

122 B St.

2. Pluto’s

500 First St.

3. ASUCD Coffee House

Memorial Union

Think hand painted menus, mellow reggae tunes and a tasteful bohemian mix of fresh, vegetable-filled entrées.

Delta of Venus is this year’s unquestioned victor in theBest Vegetarian Optionscategory, offering a delicious and healthy food selection, and an upbeat hippie vibe to match.

For breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert, there are dozens of meatless and vegan options that are good for the body, and equally pleasing to the palate.

“We have vegetarian and vegan options for every meal,said Blake Hurzler, the restaurant’s assistant manager.During the day, only four items on the menu even have meat on them at all.

Among the popular favorites, the curry tofu, vegetarian scrambles and vegan brownies are some of the many best-selling items that keep customers chillinin contentment and coming back for more.

In second place, Pluto’s is known for its amazing salad selection, with dozens of choose-them-yourself toppings, and freshly baked foccacia bread. If you’re not in the mood for a salad, the fresh cooked veggie side dish and grilled portabella sandwich are other meatless favorites.

Coming in third, the Coffee House on campus always offers a number of tasty tofu dishes and a vegetarian lasagna that is certainly worth sampling.

– MICHELLE IMMEL