Men’s basketball preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Pacific

Records: Aggies, 12-15 (7-6); Tigers, 14-11 (7-6)

Where: Alex G. Spanos CenterStockton, Calif.

When: Today at 7 p.m.

Radio: KFSG (1690-AM)

Who to watch: Joe Harden has found his groove on offense.

The sophomore forward is averaging 20 points and shooting 54.2 percent from the floor over the last four games. The Stockton native will have the chance to maintain his hot streak tonight against his hometown team.

Did you know? The Aggies are 3-0 on the road this season when coming off a home loss. They fell to Fresno State at the Pavilion in their last game, 71-70.

Preview: If UC Davis is to have a realistic shot at capturing a double bye for next month’s Big West Conference Tournament in Anaheim, it’ll have to beat Pacific once and for all.

The Tigers have won 46 straight in the series since the 1940-1941 season, including an 80-65 win in the last meeting on Jan. 31. They hit 63.8 percent of their shots for the game and outscored the Aggies 26-4 in the paint in the second half.

With a win, UC Davis can avenge last year’s 45-point loss at the Spanos Center and break off from Pacific in the conference standings.

At 7-6, the two teams are tied for third place in the Big West behind Cal State Northridge (8-4) and Long Beach State (8-4). The Big West’s top two finishers earn a two-game bye in the league tourney, automatically qualifying them for the semifinals. The No. 3 and No. 4 teams earn a berth to the quarterfinals.

UC Davis has won four of its last five road games while Pacific has won three straight at home by a margin of 17 points per game.

The Tigers enter the game carrying a two-game losing streak. They fell 67-57 at UC Santa Barbara on Feb. 18 before losing 66-60 at San Diego.

Michael Gehlken