I Got Aggied: video contest voting ends Thursday

Have your say in “i got Aggied” before the polls close.

Students can vote for the 11 contestants in UC Davis’ first-ever campuswide video contest until Friday at 11:59 p.m. Visit igotaggied.ucdavis.edu to watch the videos and make your choice.

The contest gives participants a chance to explore what it means be a UC Davis student through video. Candidates submitted 30-second videos demonstrating their Aggie pride.

“Universities everywhere are having students define what it means to belong to [their] institution – everyone has their own meaning,” said Susanne Rockwell, web editor at UC Davis University Communications.

Along those lines, Rockwell said the phrase leaves students open to be creative. “i got Aggied” means “whatever you want it to be,” she said.

“They’re really funny videos, people should go and watch them,” Rockwell said.

Rockwell developed the contest with then-UC Davis undergraduate Whitney Ferris in celebration of the university’s centennial.

The contest is sponsored by the UC Davis Centennial, Undergraduate Admissions and University Communications.

Winners will receive various prizes such as an iPod touch as well as the chance to be featured on various university departments’ websites.

Winners will be announced the week of Mar. 16. Rockwell said to stay tuned for more university-sponsored video contests in the future.

Anna Opalka