Women’s lacrosse preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Denver

Records: Aggies, 4-9 (2-3); Pioneers, 8-4 (2-1)

Where: Aggie Stadium

When: Sunday at noon

Who to watch? Freshman Laura Sunday scored her first collegiate goal on Monday in Washington, D.C. against the Howard Bison.

She followed that goal up with two more, netting a hat trick as the Aggies galloped past the Bison, 21-2. If the freshman can follow up her performance in UC Davisupcoming game against Denver, it could make for quite the Sunday.

Did you know? The Aggies have not played at home since Mar. 16, and haven’t faced a Mountain Pacific Sports Federation opponent in five weeks.

That will all change on Sunday when the Denver Pioneers come to town. The Pioneers are the only MPSF squad that UC Davis has yet to face this season.

Denver is ranked fourth in the conference with a 2-1 league record, one spot ahead of the fifth-ranked Aggies.

Preview: The Aggies should have plenty of momentum coming into their matchup against the Pioneers. UC Davis won two out of its last three games on the tail end of back-to-back East Coast roadies.

In Sunday’s trouncing of the Howard Bison, the Aggies had five players scored three goals or more as nine players found the back of the net.

Along with Sunday, senior Patrice Clark and sophomores Christina Corsa and Gina Hoffmire all had hat tricks. Junior Britt Farquharson led all scorers with four goals.

A win on Sunday could allow the Aggies to move up in the MPSF rankings as the conference tournament fast approaches.

John S. Heller