Men’s golf preview

Event: U.S. Intercollegiate Tournament

Where: Stanford Golf CoursePalo Alto, Calif.

When: Saturday and Sunday; all day

Who to watch: Sophomore Austin Graham won his second tournament of the year as he led the Aggies to a win at the Wyoming Cowboy Classic last week.

The San Clemente, Calif. native beat Morten Madsen of Oregon State by one stroke to take the tournament. He shot an impressive 3-under 67 on Tuesday, overcoming a four-shot deficit to take the win.

Did you know? The UC Davis men’s golf team has been ranked as high as 24th in the country according to Golfweek Magazine. The Aggies are currently ranked No. 26.

Preview: UC Davis is coming off its third straight Cowboy Classic victory. The Aggies dominated the tournament, with Graham leading the way with an individual victory. Nate Pistacchio came in third shooting a 4-under 206 while fellow senior Ramie Sprinkling tied for fifth (3-under 207).

UC Davis shot a tournament record 15-under 285 at the Talking Stick Golf Course to win its second tournament of the year.

The Aggies seem to be clicking on all cylinders as they’ve posted a top-five showing as a team in three consecutive tournaments. They’re looking to improve on last year’s finish at the U.S. Intercollegiate, where they placed ninth out of 17 teams. Graham led UC Davis at the tournament by tying for 11th among individuals

UC Davis looks to take on some national powerhouses in this weekend’s tournament, including host Stanford and last year’s champion USC.

Kyle Hyland