Your guide to Picnic Day fun

Here’s a list of must-see events for the first-timer:

CAL AGGIE BAND-UH! STREET SHOW AND PICNIC DAY PARADE

10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Grandstands on North Quad Avenue across from Wickson Hall

After opening ceremonies, the Cal Aggie Band-Uh will kick off the festivities, followed by a parade of floats and walking groups from a spectrum of UC Davis departments, student organizations and community members. The parade will follow a route through campus and into the downtown area.

CHEMISTRY CLUB MAGIC SHOW

10:30 to 11:30 a.m.

11:30 a.m. to noon

1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.

1:30 to 2 p.m.

Chemistry 194

Go see the Chemistry Club’s famed annual event, a series of lab demonstrations that produce light, smoke, sound and other fantastical displays. Free tickets are available at 10:00 a.m. for morning shows, and 12:30 p.m. for afternoon shows, at Picnic Day headquarters inside the Memorial Union (2 per person).

SNOW IN DAVIS! SLEDDING HILL WITH SKI AND SNOWBOARD DEMONSTRATION

10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Outside the south side of the Pavilion

Now there’s snow in spring! Join the UC Davis Alpine Ski Team for sledding on Hutchinson Field, and watch snowboard demonstrations throughout the day.

AMAZING RACE: SEASON 13

1 to 2 p.m.

1100 Social Sciences and Humanities

Former UC Davis Student Dallas Imbimbo and his mother Toni competed in the fall 2008 season of theAmazing Racefor a prize of $1 million. Meet Dallas and Toni as they share their experiences during this once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Find out how they were selected for the show, what really happened when Dallas lost his passport and money in Russia and other behind-the-scenes stories. Free tickets are available at Picnic Day headquarters beginning 10 a.m. in the Memorial Union (One ticket per person).

DOXIE DERBY

1 to 3 p.m.

ARC Pavilion

See 96 dachshund dogs compete furiously in a series of racing heats. Only one dog can win in this most popular of Picnic Day competitions. The derby is hosted by the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2011. Admission is free.

BATTLE OF THE BANDS

2 to 10 p.m.

Arboretum at Lake Spafford

Go watch the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh! rock out with several other university bands, displaying crazy antics and great music. The bands will compete with a repertoire of performances to be the last band standing. It is said Picnic Day does not officially end until this epic battle is over.

SILHOUETTES FASHION SHOW

1 to 3 p.m.

Freeborn Hall

The Annual Runway Designers Club fashion show will feature the work of 13 graduating fashion design students, and includes a juried fashion competition. Free general admissions tickets can be picked up in front of Walker Hall.

ENTERTAINMENT STAGES

East Quad, Silo, Hart Hall Courtyard and Wellman Hall

11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

A variety of groups will provide music, and entertainment throughout the day in four different locations throughout campus. Go and enjoy great performances with your friends.