Campus Judicial Report

Access Denied

A student of senior standing was referred to SJA for the second time for downloading copyrighted music without the permission of the copyright holder through a campus network connection. After the student’s first music download, the Campus Digital Millennium Copyright Act notified him that a second incident would result in termination of his campus network privileges. After the second violation, he was not able to connect to a computer device registered in his name through a campus wireless network. As a result, the student has lost campus network privileges for the duration of his university career.

Providing False Information

A first-year student was referred to SJA for providing false information to fulfill a community service requirement. She was referred for forging her community service hours for Human Corps. The student was eventually caught because she failed to complete any of her required community service hours. Additionally, the student was already on Disciplinary Probation with SJA for lighting a garbage can on fire outside of a fraternity house. The student agreed to Deferred Separation through graduation and to complete a writing assignment, counseling and academic advising through the dean’s office.

Quiz Alteration

A sophomore was referred to SJA for altering a quiz and resubmitting it for more credit. The student claimed to have made the changes on the quiz without attaching the request for the re-grade, and thereby unintentionally committed academic dishonesty. However, the professor contended that since the student re-submitted the material, he made the conscious decision to alter the quiz. The student later acknowledged his mistake and agreed to Deferred Separation through graduation and 20 hours of community service.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.