Women’s Soccer Preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. UC Irvine; Cal State Northridge

Records: Aggies, 6-5-1 (0-1); Anteaters, 8-4-1 (1-1); Matadors, 5-7 (1-1)

Where: Aggie Soccer Stadium

When: Friday at 3 p.m.; Sunday at noon.

Who to watch: This season, senior Marisa Boge has been a consistent leader in the Big West Conference in several offensive categories.

The Oakland, Calif. native is tied for second in the conference with an average 3.7 shots per game and stands in the fifth overall with 13 total points.

Did you know: UC Davis has scored a total of 24 goals in the first 12 games this season, twice as many as its opponents.

Senior Rochelle VanBuskirk leads the team with 11 scored while Boge is second on the squad with five.

Preview: Last Sunday’s match against Long Beach State marked the beginning of Big West Conference play for UC Davis.

After the loss, the Aggies are looking for a comeback, as they play UC Irvine on Friday and Cal State Northridge on Sunday.

The Anteaters travel to Aggie Soccer Stadium on the heels of a 3-2 loss to Cal Poly Sunday afternoon.

The game went to two extra sessions of play, but the Anteaters couldn’t defend a Mustang corner kick.

UC Irvine and UC Davis met once last year with the Aggies falling by a score of 1-0.

The Aggies will remain at home for Sunday’s game against Cal State Northridge.

Cal State Northridge will be traveling up the state to play the University of Pacific and then the Aggies later on in the weekend.

The Matadors are also coming off of a loss Sunday, this time to UC Santa Barbara.

In last season’s match between the Aggies and the Matadors, the Matadors came out on top by a score of 3-2.

UC Davis is at the top of the Big West rankings in goals per game and trail the Anteaters by only three in overall points for the season.

Grace Sprague