Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

East Quad Farmers Market

10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

East Quad

Go support local farmers and get fresh produce, nuts, flowers and more! Market held every Wednesday through Nov. 18.

Activities Fair

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Freeborn Hall

Meet students doing what matters! This major campus event is a colorful and festive way for students and others to find out about the variety of groups, programs, resources and services that are available on campus and that will be active throughout this year. For more information, contact spac@ucdavis.edu.

Meltdown – A Legislator’s Perspective

12:10 to 1 p.m.

Institute of Governmental Affairs Reading Room, Shields Library

Go and listen to State Senator Lois Wolk talk about the California economy in her perspective.

Men’s Soccer Game

3 p.m.

Soccer field

Men’s soccer team faces No. 7, UC Santa Barbara.

Strategies for Ecology Education Diversity Sustainability Info Meeting

6:30 to 7:30 p.m.

Spieth Room, Storer Hall

An Ecological Society of America sponsored club, SEEDS, that promotes diversity and involvement in the environmental sciences will be holding their first meeting. Go to learn more about the club, meet new people and get free food!

Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior Club meeting

7 p.m.

197 Briggs

Join the NPB club for its first meeting of the year. Go and listen to guest speakers, eat free food and meet new people!

Cooking Club Meeting

8:10 to 9 p.m.

205 Olson

Learn the do’s and don’ts about kitchen and food safety and what to stock your pantry with. Also, tips on how to cook with a college budget and in the dorms.

THURSDAY

Seasonal Flu Vaccination Clinic9:30 to 11:30 a.m.North Lobby, Cowell Student Health Center

Protect yourself from getting sick this flu season by getting a flu shot. This is a walk-in clinic for UC Davis students.

The Financial Crisis: An Inside View

6 p.m.

Silo, Cabernet Room

Join Phillip Swagel, Former Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy, U.S. Treasury Department, for a discussion about governance, tax reform and constitutional reform.

FRIDAY

The Art of Athletes

1 to 7 p.m.

Log Cabin Gallery, 1st and F Street

Intercollegiate Athletics presents The Art of Athletes, an intercollegiate student-athlete art show, featuring works by current student-athletes in a variety of majors and sports.

Aggies for the Arboretum Fall Picnic2 to 5 p.m.Putah Creek Picnic TablesJoin them for food, games and fun! Learn about the Arboretum’s student membership program and enjoy your afternoon at the Arboretum.

Pajamarino

5 p.m.

Train station, 2nd and H Street

Join students and the community in PJs as they reconnect and greet alumni for Homecoming.

Homecoming Rally

7 p.m.

Davis Commons, 1st and D Street

Attend the rally as the Aggies get pumped up for homecoming!

SATURDAY

The Art of Athletes

12 to 4 p.m.

Log Cabin Gallery, 1st and F Street

Homecoming Pre-Game Party Event4 to 6 p.m.Recreation PoolThe Recreation Pool will host a pre-game party event that will feature the band The Dead 12 Year Olds, as well as areas for fans to bring their own picnics, eat and enjoy the company of fellow Aggie fans before the game.

Yolo County Food Bank Drive

6 p.m.

Aggie Stadium

UCD Police Department is holding a food drive at the football game. Drop off non-perishable food items at the entrances of the stadium.

Homecoming Football Game6 p.m.

Aggie Stadium

Watch the Aggie football team dominate Winston-Salem State in the homecoming game!

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.