Campus Judicial Report

Using unauthorized materials during an exam

A senior was referred to Student Judicial Affairs (SJA) for using unauthorized materials during an exam. He had a set of notes tucked in his blue book during the final. A fellow test taker noticed this and notified the professor. The student agreed to a sanction of deferred separation until graduation and 15 hours of community service.

Deferred separation permits the student to continue taking classes, but if he is ever referred to SJA again, he gives up the right to a formal hearing and could be suspended or dismissed. In addition, the student received a zero on the final.

Bookstore theft

The UCD Bookstore referred a student to SJA for stealing three books. Security monitors watched the student place three books in his backpack and then proceed to exit the bookstore. The student agreed to a sanction of disciplinary probation for one year. In addition, the student was fined a $200 restitution fee plus the cost of the books. While on disciplinary probation, a student that violates any of the campus or university rules would likely be suspended or dismissed.

CoHo no-no

A student was referred to SJA for stealing food from the ASUCD Coffee House on multiple occasions. This was the third time the student had been referred to SJA. Her previous offenses were plagiarism and computer misuse. The student agreed to a sanction of deferred dismissal until graduation. This means that if the student violates any more of the university’s rules, she would be dismissed from the entire University of California system. Furthermore, the student had to pay a $100 restitution fee to the Coffee House.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.