Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Prytanean Women’s Honor Society Warm Clothing Drive

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

MU Tables

Prytanean Women’s Honor Society will be helping the Willow Clinic with their winter coat drive for homeless people. Any warm clothing including scarves, sweaters and blankets will be accepted. Stop by the Prytanean table at the MU before Oct. 28 and drop off your donations!

Study Abroad in England Info Meeting

Noon to 1 p.m.

Education Abroad Center, Third and A Street.

Want to study abroad in England in the spring? EAC advisors will be discussing and answering questions about the spring 2010 UC Davis Quarter Abroad program in London, England.

Bioengineering Seminar

4 to 5 p.m.

1005 Genome and Biomedical Sciences

Thomas C. Skalak, vice president and professor of biomedical engineering at the University of Virginia, will be holding a seminar to discuss the need to improve our basic understanding of blood vessels as a part of the department of biomedical engineering’s Distinguished Seminar Series.

Transfermation

6 to 8 p.m.

King Lounge, MU

The biggest transfer event of the year. Enjoy free food, music, prizes, friends and more.

FRIDAY

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

MU Tables

Davis is Burning

8 to 11 p.m.

Freeborn Hall

Join the brothers of Delta Lambda Phi as they take fierceness to the next level. Their 20th annual drag show, DLP will be bringing sexy, scandal and gender-bending fun to the UC Davis campus. Presale tickets available at the Freeborn Hall ticket office for $10. $12 at the door.

SATURDAY

California Red Ribbon Kick-off Celebration

1 p.m.

Hughes Field, Sacramento City College

The oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the country, Red Ribbon Week is holding a kick-off celebration at halftime at the Sacramento City College football game.

MONDAY

Riparian Conservation Strategy Workshop

5:30 to 7:30 p.m.

Atrium Training Room, 625 Court St., Woodland.

All interested parties are invited to participate in the discussion on the development of a proposed riparian conservation strategy as part of the Yolo Habitat/Natural Communities Conservation Plan.

Project Compost

6 p.m.

MU 43 (basement)

Project compost volunteer meeting. Learn about composting and how you can reduce waste on campus!

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.