Aggie Daily Calender

TODAY

Seasonal Flu Vaccination Clinic at Cowell Student Health Center

9 to 11 a.m.

North Lobby, Cowell Student Health Center

Protect yourself from getting sick this flu season by getting a flu shot. This is a walk-in clinic for UC Davis students – just stop on by the Student Health Center, North Lobby.

Herb Harvest

9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Good Life Garden

Join UCD grounds department in harvesting herbs! This a free event but participants are asked to bring their own scissors or cutting shears, a bag to hold the herbs and a wet paper towel to place in the bag around the fresh cut herbs.

Environmental Internship & Career Fair

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Freeborn Hall

Go explore GREEN internships and careers at the environmental internship and career fair.

Study Abroad for Biology/Science Majors Info Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

Education Abroad Center, Third and A Street

Join EAC as they discuss reasons for studying abroad for your major, identifying programs and internships that are strong in natural, ecological sciences as well as medical sciences.

Camp Adventure Information Meeting

5 p.m.

114 South Hall

Learn how you can become a camp counselor abroad on U.S. military bases. Participants will receive airfare, housing, a daily stipend and weekends off for travel.

ASUCD Senate Meetings

6:10 p.m.

Mee Room, Memorial Union

Attend the ASUCD Senate meeting and see how the student government is run.

Let’s Talk About Sex: A Safe Sex Workshop

7:30 to 9 p.m.

106 Wellman

Join the Interested Ladies of Lambda Theta Alpha, Latin Sorority Inc. at UC Davis in a safe environment to learn more about practicing safe sex.

FRIDAY

Meet the Minors

11 a.m. to Noon

Voorhies Courtyard

This is an opportunity for minors to meet each other and more writing faculty and for interested students to inquire about the writing minor. Light refreshments will be served.

Study Abroad for Economics/Managerial Econ. Majors Info Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

Advisors from the EAC will present information on studying abroad for students who want to take business and economic classes overseas.

SATURDAY

One Night Stand

8 p.m.

International House, 10 College Park

Taiwanese Chinese Student Society presents their fall dance. Refreshments will be provided, as well as games and prizes for everyone who comes. Dress to impress. Tickets are selling NOW! Search for 2009-2010 TCSS on Facebook. You won’t want to miss this!

SUNDAY

Guided Tour: Water-Wise Plants for Your Garden

2 p.m.

Gazebo on Garrod Drive, Arboretum

The UC Davis Arboretum is offering guided tours to the public. Visitors will see examples of plants that thrive with watering.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.