Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Summer Abroad Info Session: “What’s in Your Water?”

Noon to 1 p.m.

Education Abroad Center, Third and A Streets

Go and learn about the program to Galway, Ireland, ask questions and meet the instructor!

TUESDAY

School of Education’s Alumni Teacher Panel

4:10 to 5 p.m.

Temporary Classroom Building #3 (outside Academic Surge Building)

Are you interested in a K-12 teaching career? Then go to the alumni teacher panel and learn more about the exciting and rewarding career in teaching. The panel includes teachers representing elementary, junior and senior high schools.

Second Yolo Natural Heritage Riparian Conservation Workshop6 to 8 p.m.

Rm. 167, Yolo County Employment & Social Services Building

Saving the riparian habitat is only a meeting away. Go to the workshop and communicate your concerns related to riparian habitat issues.

“The Power of Audubon & Citizen Science”

7 p.m.

Florence Douglas Senior Center, 333 Amador, Vallejo

Join Gary Langham, director of Bird Conservation for Audubon California, as he provides a brief history of citizen science at Audubon, focusing on projects in California.

WEDNESDAYWalk with Warren

Noon

Gazebo on Garrod Drive

Join Arboretum Superintendent Warren Roberts for a lunchtime stroll in the UC Davis Arboretum. Enjoy the crisp fall weather, learn about the Arboretum’s collections and get a little exercise!

THURSDAY

Poetry in the Garden: Kel Munger and Sandra Gilbert

Noon

Wyatt Deck, Old Davis Road

Enjoy good writing and beautiful gardens? Attend the readings by two outstanding poets, Kel Munger and Sandra Gilbert, for a wonderful afternoon in the Arboretum.

Department of Biomedical Engineering Seminar

4 p.m.

1005 Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility Auditorium

The department of biomedical engineering invites students to Dr. Adam Summers’ lecture, “Prospecting for New Biomaterials in the Sea – Bulletproof Sharks and Sticky Fish.” Learn about how a shark’s structure can lead to new scientific advances!

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.