Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Camp Kesem Blood Drive

10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Freeborn

Donate blood at Freeborn Hall to help Camp Kesem, a free, weeklong summer camp for kids whose parents have or have had cancer.

Trans 101

11 a.m. to noon

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center

Trans 101 is an informal discussion about basic terminology and issues relating to transgender and gender-variant communities. Go with questions or listen for more information.

Summer Abroad Info Session: “Engineering of Historic Structures” 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Education Abroad Center, Third and A Street Go and learn about the engineering program in Paris, France! Get a program overview, ask questions and meet the instructor!

Camp Adventure Information Meeting4 to 5 p.m.229 South HallLearn how you can become a camp counselor abroad on U.S. military bases. Participants will receive airfare, housing, a daily stipend and weekends off for travel.

Camp Kesem Informational Meeting7 p.m.203 WellmanLearn how you can participate in Camp Kesem, a free, weeklong summer camp for kids whose parents have or have had cancer.

WEDNESDAY

Camp Kesem Blood Drive

10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Freeborn

Summer Abroad Info Session: “Structural Engineering of Ancient Roman Architecture”Noon to 1 p.m.Education Abroad Center, Third and A StreetGo and learn about the structural analysis program in Rome, Italy! Get a program overview, ask questions and meet the instructor!

Trans Safe Zone

Noon to 2 p.m.

Moss Room, Memorial Union

Learn about key issues and how to enhance communication skills with regards to transphobia and gender policing. Contact Sheri Atkinson to register at slatkinson@ucdavis.edu.

Annual Campus Lighting Safety Walk

5 p.m.

Memorial Union Flagpole

Put on by the Crime Prevention Unit of the police department, learn about how to be safe on campus! Bring a flashlight if possible.

TransForming Body Image

5 to 6:30 p.m.

Attend this workshop to explore the effects of appearance and gender on body image and self-esteem.

Life In Iraq7 p.m.Families First, 2100 Fifth St.Listen to Dalya Al. Wattar, a native Iraqi, speak about the culture and life of women in Iraq from 100 years ago to now. Doors close at 7:05 p.m.

South Asian Student Organization’s Annual Holiday Banquet

8 to 10 p.m.

10 College Park, International House

Celebrate all the different cultures, holidays and religions with a delicious dinner and guest speakers! Tickets are $5.

THURSDAY

Biomedical Engineering Seminar

4 to 5 p.m.1005 Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility

Attend a talk by Dr. Alexander Revzin, associate professor of biomedical engineering, as he presents a lecture called “Micropatterned Surfaces for Directing and Detecting Cell Differentiation.”

Pre-Dental Society Q&A Panel

8 p.m.

146 Olson

Go and ask questions to current students about dentistry and hear their advice!

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.