Women’s Swimming and Diving Preview

Event: Toshiba Classic

Where: Belmont Plaza Olympic Pool – Long Beach, Calif.

When: Thursday through Saturday, all day

Who to watch: Freshman Bridget Bugbee owned the 500-meter freestyle event in her last meet against Denver.

Not only did she win the race but she also posted a season-best time of 5:05.38.

In addition, the San Ramon, Calif. native led the Aggies with three individual wins against Seattle on Oct. 31 with two more top-10 finishes at the Western Athletic Conference Shootout earlier in the season.

Did you know? UC Davis will likely face its toughest competition of the season at the Toshiba Classic. There, the Aggies will not only compete against defending champion California but also a talented UCLA and Stanford squad.

Preview: The Aggies have had two weeks to think about their last meet – a 191-109 loss to Denver on Nov. 6.

Despite the UC Davis defeat, senior Ashley Chandler led her team with two individual wins while clocking her season-best time in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 23.97 seconds. She later came in first in the 100 free with another season-best time of 52.10.

Chandler has done a solid job for the Aggies in her first season on the swim team after competing on the water polo team during her first three years.

In the same meet, the Aggies had three more No. 2 finishes as juniors Linda Hermann and Lisa Bender came in at second in the 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard breaststroke.

Freshman Morgan Lee posted a season-best time of 2:28.38 in the 200-yeard breaststroke, good for another Aggie second-place finish.

On the diving board, freshman Jennifer Meyer came in at second in the one-meter dive with a score of 206.03

After the Aggies are done competing at the Toshiba Classic, they will prepare for the Texas Invite on Dec. 3.

– Aaron Fischman and Max Rosenblum