Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Summer Abroad Info Session: Chile

Noon to 1 p.m.

Education Abroad Center, Third and A streets

Learn about their Spanish program in Santiago, Chile! Get a program overview, ask questions and meet the instructor!

Peace Corps Campus Info Session

5 p.m.

Garrison Room, Memorial Union

Learn how you can continue a 49-year tradition of spreading international peace and friendship by working with communities around the world in education, health, agriculture and other sectors!

I-house art show and silent auction

6 to 9 p.m.

The International House (10 College Park)

The I-house will host an art show and silent auction called “Explore the Shadows” with a keynote address from Eden Rock of local nonprofit Freedom from Hunger. All proceeds to fund Nourish International’s community development project in Africa.

Sigma Nu Hoe-down

6:30 p.m.

525 Oxford Circle (next to Cuarto dorms)

The brothers of Sigma Nu invite you to join them and the lovely ladies of Pi Beta Phi at Sigma Nu’s hoe-down!

Italian Film Night

7 to 9:30 p.m.

119 Wellman

Join the Club Italiano Americano Organizzato (C.I.A.O) for a special free film night! They will be showing the movie “Cinema Paradiso.”

FRIDAY

Biomedical Engineering Seminar

4 p.m.

1005 Genome & Biomedical Science Facility

Listen to Dr. Bob Tranquillo, professor and head of the department of biomedical engineering at University of Minnesota, as he speaks on cardiovascular tissue engineering.

UCD Men’s Basketball Game

7 p.m.

Pavilion

Cheer on the men’s basketball team as they take on UC Irvine!

1st Annual Gumball Challenge Info Session

7 to 8 p.m.

106 Wellman

Learn how you can help entrepreneurs in third world countries with the microlending club! Appetizers and dessert will be served.

Public Health Club Meeting

6:10 to 7:10 p.m.

106 Wellman

Dr. McCurdy, the director of the UC Davis Masters of Public Health program, will talk about the MPH program and public health practices.

FRIDAY

H1N1 Flu Vaccination Clinic

1 to 4 p.m.

North Lobby, Student Health Center

Receive your H1N1 flu vaccine at the student health center! Vaccinations will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis.

SATURDAY

UCD Swimming and Diving Meet

1 p.m.

Schaal Aquatic Center

Watch the swimming and diving team as they compete against San Jose State.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.