Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Cancer Week: Breast, Prostate, Testicular

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear a pink shirt to show your support!

Project Compost

6 p.m.

43 Memorial Union

Attend the Project Compost volunteer meetings and learn how you can help them divert organic waste around a campus.

Cooking Club Meeting

6:10 to 7 p.m.

261 Olson

Practice your baking and decorating skills for your main squeeze! They will be decorating cookies and cupcakes. Sprinkles and frosting will be provided but feel free to bring in delicious sweets to share!

UCD Alumna Janis Z. Moon Lecture

6:45 p.m.

Hampton Inn, 2060 Freeway Drive, Woodland

Multi-millionaire and UC Davis alumna Janis Z. Moon will share her insights and inspirations in working with a top cosmetics company! RSVP with Lori Lagerstrom at (530) 574-1400.

TUESDAY

Cancer Week: Lung

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear a white shirt to show your support!

Poetry Workshop

Noon to 2 p.m.

126 Voorhies

Listen to a poetry reading by Nepalese scholar Yuyutsu Ram Dass Sharma and work on your poetry!

Breakthrough Collaborative Info Session

4 p.m.

114 South

Looking for a paid summer teaching job? Breakthrough Collaborative is looking for undergraduates to teach underserved middle school students.

WEDNESDAY

Cancer Week: Skin

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear a black shirt to show your support!

Fall Quarter Latina/o Health Program Info Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

2102 Hart

Are you a pre-med student? Learn how you can receive 20 units this fall quarter by studying and working in hospitals and clinics in Oaxaca, Mexico.

“How to Become a School Teacher” Panel

1:30 p.m.

2368 Academic Surge

Listen to a panel of credential candidates in UC Davis’ master’s program discuss how to apply to grad school and teaching elementary and high school students.

Picnic Day Application Deadline

5 p.m.

349 Memorial Union

Picnic Day applications are due at 5 p.m. Go to picnicday.ucdavis.edu for more information or to download applications.

THURSDAY

Cancer Week: Cervical

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear a teal or green shirt to show your support!

Davis Comedy Jam

7 to 9 p.m.

Art Annex

Join three hilarious comedians in a night of laughter!

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.