Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Cancer Week: Lung

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear a white shirt to show your support!

Recyclemania: Spot-a-mug

11:50 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.

Memorial Union and Silo

It’s Recyclemania! Carry your reusable mugs and R4 Recycling may surprise you with a free refill coupon.

Poetry Workshop

Noon to 2 p.m.

126 Voorhies

Listen to a poetry reading by Nepalese scholar Yuyutsu Ram Dass Sharma and work on your poetry!

Breakthrough Collaborative Info Session

4 p.m.

114 South

Looking for a paid summer teaching job? Breakthrough Collaborative is looking for undergraduates to teach underserved middle school students.

Public Health Club Meeting

6:10 to 7 p.m.

1130 Hart

Listen to guest speaker, Micheal Hughes, speak on his surveillance network for HIV/AIDS in Ghana, West Africa.

WEDNESDAY

Cancer Week: Skin

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear a black shirt to show your support!

Fall Quarter Latina/o Health Program Info Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

2102 Hart

Are you a pre-med student? Learn how you can receive 20 units this fall quarter by studying and working in hospitals and clinics in Oaxaca, Mexico.

“How to Become a School Teacher” Panel

1:30 p.m.

2368 Academic Surge

Listen to a panel of credential candidates in UC Davis’s master’s program discuss how to apply to grad school and how to teaching elementary and high school students.

Picnic Day Application Deadline

5 p.m.

349 Memorial Union

Picnic Day applications are due at 5 p.m. Go to picnicday.ucdavis.edu for more information or to download applications.

PDS Hosts the Princeton Review

7 p.m.

146 Olson

Davis PDS is having Princeton Review come and answer your questions about their new Dental Admissions prep course!

THURSDAY

Cancer Week: Cervical

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear a teal or green shirt to show your support!

Davis Comedy Jam

7 to 9 p.m.

Art Annex

Join three hilarious comedians in a night of laughter!

FRIDAY

Cancer Week: Leukemia

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Quad

Help spread cancer awareness and learn how it can affect you. Wear an orange shirt to show your support!

“Memories and Shadows” Art Exhibition Reception

6 to 8 p.m.

International House, 10 College Park

Visit the International House as UC Davis alumna Kristen Jones shares her art with the campus.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.