Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Folk Music Jam Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

Wyatt Deck, Old Davis Road

Pull out your fiddles, guitars, mandolins and penny whistles for this informal acoustic jam session over the lunch hour!

Brinner and a Movie

7:30 p.m.

180 Community Center Building, The Colleges at La Rue

The Leaders in Service present a pancake feed to raise funds for the Food Bank of Yolo County with all-you-can-eat pancakes for $3 at the door.

SATURDAY

Record, CD and Music Swap

10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

207 F St.

Swap music with other people! Admission is free.

SUNDAY

Strides for Change 5K Race Fundraiser

9 a.m. to noon

Community Park Fields

Race against poverty! Run in this race to support the UC Davis chapter of Nourish International fund their international development project in the Dominican Republic.

Arboretum Guided Tour: Spring Preview in the Nursery

2 p.m.

Arboretum Teaching Nursery, Garrod Drive

Attend these new demonstration plantings to figure out which plants you should add to your own garden!

FASHIONATION 2010 Charity Fashion Show

7:15 p.m.

The Davis Graduate

Help out the Student Fashion Association by attending their charity fashion show! You can buy tickets for $5 presale at 129 Everson or at the Memorial Union from noon to 2 p.m. if it isn’t raining.

MONDAY

Project Compost

6 p.m.

43 Memorial Union

Attend the Project Compost volunteer meetings and learn how you can help them divert organic waste around campus.

Davis College Republicans Meeting

7 p.m.

176 Everson

Attend the DCR meeting as host guest speaker Aryeh Green who will speak about civil rights issues in the Middle East.

TUESDAY

Engineers Without Borders Dine for a Cause

5 to 9 p.m.

524 Second St.

Join Engineers Without Borders at Uncle Vito’s and a portion of your food and beverage purchase will be donated to them when you mention this ad.

Expression Redefined

6:30 to 9:30 p.m.

Griffin Lounge, Memorial Union

Head on over to Nameless Magazine’s quarterly extravaganza, a smorgasbord of culture, to listen to readings of poetry, fiction and music!

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.